Media partners embrace revenue results and streamline workflow.
Denver, March 12, 2014 – Adpay, Inc., the technology innovator for online and print classified solutions, announced that Memoriams.com is now configured in over 2,300 daily and weekly newspapers across the country. Memoriams.com is the only obituary strategy that allows funeral directors to efficiently submit and pay for obituaries in the local newspaper and subsequently to access additional out-of-area publications requested by bereaved families.
The platform is benefiting media companies of all sizes with the elimination of errors, reduction in internal resources and significantly improved profits from this critical audience category. Newspapers following Adpay’s best practices are seeing an average 30% increase in revenues while generating high customer satisfaction.
Funeral directors appreciate the ease and simplicity of having a single tool that allows them to immediately see accurate pricing, preview the obituary, add upsells, and ultimately submit and pay for all obituaries in one seamless process. “I love the ease of placing the obituary in our local paper, especially if I have to use an out-of-town newspaper,” said Keith Derrick of Cooke Funeral Home and Crematorium in Nitro, West Virginia. Research shows that 46% of funeral directors engaged with Memoriams.com state they are now placing obituaries locally and out-of-market more often because of Memoriams.com. The strategy has effectively turned the funeral directors into an outside sales force for the newspaper industry.
Adpay is pleased to announce these recent launches of Memoriams.com:
- Abilene Reporter-News, E.W. Scripps Co., Abilene, TX
- The Augusta Chronicle, Morris Communications, Augusta, Georgia
- Corpus Christi Caller-Times, E.W. Scripps Co., Corpus Christi, TX
- The Daily Sun, The Villages, Florida
- Florida Times-Union, Morris Communications, Jacksonville, Florida
- Frederick News-Post, Frederick, Maryland
- Idaho Falls Post Register, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, Stephens Media, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Northern Virginia Media Services, Leesburg, VA
Other media partners scheduled for imminent release include:
- The Dallas Morning News, A.H. Belo Corp, Dallas, Texas
- U-T San Diego, MLIM Company, San Diego, California
- Cooke Communications, Greenville, North Carolina
- The Daily Herald, Wick Communications, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
- Beaumont Enterprise, Hearst Corporation, Beaumont, Texas
- The Buffalo News, Buffalo, New York
- Calkins Media, Levittown, Pennsylvania
- Ballantine Digital Media, Durango, Colorado
- Sun Coast Media, Port Charlotte, Florida
- Woodward Communications, Dubuque, Iowa
- Red Wing Publishing, Shakopee, Minnesota
“Both the newspaper and the funeral industries’ response to Memoriams.com has been overwhelming,” said Mike Heene, CEO, Adpay, Inc. “Newspaper executives immediately understand the strategic importance of the Memoriams.com network. Immediate revenue gains of 30-60% in this category are only the beginning. As the network grows, a newspaper’s obituary revenues have the opportunity to double. Why am I so confident? Because it is happening right now! Memoriams.com is much more than just another order-entry tool, it is an obituary strategy for the future.”
About Adpay, Inc.
Adpay, Inc. is the technology innovator of online solutions to the media industry. Adpay’s patented solutions deliver print, web and mobile strategies that unify classifieds into a single, dynamic transactional marketplace. The exclusive Memoriams.com network for obituary order entry by funeral directors is the industry’s fastest-growing attack against online obituary predators. Adpay customers include many of the nation’s largest media groups including, but not limited to: Advance Digital, Inc., BH Media Co., Black Press, Calkins Media, Cox Media Group, Evening Post Industries, The E.W. Scripps Company, Dispatch Publishing Co., Gannett Co. Inc., Morris Publishing Group, Nexstar Television, Sun-Times Media Group and Swift Communications.
For more information, go to www.adpay.com.