Adpay Turns 15!
Adpay is turning 15!
Here are 15 fun facts you need to know about our team:
- Adpay was founded on February 19th, 2002.
- Our team is super talented! We have a ninja/5th degree blackbelt/movie star, Rubik’s Cube expert, a sailor with a Skipper’s rating, multiple professional photographers/videographers, several band members, and Miley Cyrus’ boyfriend in a music video.
- While Adpay is only 15 years old, our team collectively has 158 years of service at our company.
- We celebrate at least one birthday every month, except April.
- Our team collectively has 44 pets including dogs, cats, ferrets, horses, frogs, snakes and fish.
- Adpay launched the first and only nationwide obituary network, Memoriams, December 6th, 2011.
- Our office is based just outside of Denver in Englewood, CO.
- We support and travel to at least ten newspaper and funeral home industry conferences each year.
- 20% of the people on our staff are named Mike.
- Our team has hiked many of Colorado’s 53 Fourteeners with over 60 hikes completed.
- Team members have experience at a variety of media companies including Cox Media Group, E.W. Scripps Company, Tampa Bay Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, The Chicago Tribune, The Denver Post, Thomson Newspapers, Tribune Media Services, and New York Times Regional Group.
- We’ve moved offices four times, in the same building, to accommodate the growth of our company.
- We are diverse in age, with a 35-year age differential between our oldest and youngest employee.
- We have honorees of the Newspaper Association of America’s (now News Media Alliance) Top 40 Under 40 and Top 30 Under 30 awards.
- We were acquired by Ancestry in May 2016.
We truly want to thank each of you for your partnership and look forward to celebrating more anniversaries together in the years ahead.
— Your Adpay/Memoriams Team